Monday, March 8, 2010

1st 10K for Brady and Beth





I have kind of got into running lately. Well I do not really enjoy it all the way but I do enjoy being challenged. So Brady I did a 10K a few weekends back. It is 6.2 miles. We finished in 1 hour and 6 seconds... grrr I was so mad, I really wanted to do it under 1 hour. We could not see the clock til literally the last 3 seconds and we sprinted but did not make it. Oh well, at least we did it. I am going to try and do the 1/2 marathon in November. It is right around my 30 birthday and how cool would it be to be in the best shape of my life at 30. That s what I am going for at least. Brady is going to do it will me as well but he will not train. He loves to just go out there and do it. MEN!!! Anyway, when we got there they were giving out water, bananas and cookies. If you know me you know I have the worlds biggest sweet tooth. If I did not like sweets I would be so skinny. Anyway, that is all I thought about during the race was that big cookie and man was it the best cookie ever when I ate it. Too bad I consumed all the calories I had just burned in that one cookie!!!

0 comments: