Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Cambry Reese







Here are some pictures of Cambry finally awake. She is a really good baby. She is a sleeper for sure. I have to wake her up every 2 hours to eat. The doctors orders, and at night I have to wake her up every 3 to 4 hours to eat. She would just sleep otherwise. I have to apply a cold wet cloth to her to wake her up. I feel so bad!!!

Well last Friday when I went to Cambry's weight check appointment the doctor pointed out to me that Cambry has a cavernous hemangioma. It is a birthmark under her eye but will grow and could possibly be the size of quarter and maybe bigger or smaller. There is nothing that caused this it is just a birthmark. I of course took this pretty hard after seeing scary images online. We have done a lot of research and I actually met someone who is 17 months and has one in the same location and the same type. They started steroid treatments a few months back because it was starting to effect her vision and I got the name of some great doctors here in San Antonio. Her's started out the same size as Camby and grew to be the size of a quarter. The shots are working and it is not growing smaller. Now we just sit back and see how it grows. Doctors will not intervene unless it is affecting something because most of them go away. So we will see how it grows but most likely I am thinking at the age of 15 months or so we will be starting to intervene but it all depends on the growing rate. So much prayer would be appreciated that it does not have a long term effect on her and her eye.

Other then that we are all doing great. We are staying home these next 2 days. We have had things to do Monday, Tuesday and Friday and I am excited to stay home today and tomorrow and not get dressed and do my make-up.

2 comments:

alesworld said...

She's a keeper! Our prayers are with her too! Loe the bows!

Katie said...

She is beautiful Beth. We will keep praying for her. But for now, she kinda looks like auntie Katie. I have that little red dot under my eye. : )