Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Smokey Mountains





















We headed off for 6 nights and 7 days without the kids to my best friend since 5th grade wedding. We were so busy, I did not have time to miss my girls. We left here at 6AM on Weds and flew to our layover spot in Memphis, TN and then flew to Indianapolis just to get in the car and drive 6 hours back to TN, this time Pigeon Forge. It was a long day but well worth it. Sometimes in life you meet friends that are there threw everything and when you have not seen each other in a very long time, it never seems that way. That is how Meghan and I are and have always been and will hopefully always be.
She married an amazing guy and they have a little 2 year old Macie who is the sweetest girl. They got married on Friday. Poor thing, it poured so hard on her wedding and it was supposed to be outside but they had to switch it to inside and they did not allow us to take any pictures. Weird I know. My camera battery was dead anyway, so I did not take nearly as many pictures as I wanted. But she looked stunning. She is 5'11, beautiful blond!!! Besides the rain, everything was great. She had 3 big cabins that had 9 rooms in it, 4 stories , it was really cool. She housed everyone for Friday and Saturday night. We were there Weds through Sunday.
We got there late Weds and just slept. Thursday we went to this really neat Adult museum with all kinds of neat things to do. It was fun. I beat Brady in rock climbing twice! That night we decorated the place and went to sleep. Friday morning we got up early and went horse back riding through the mountains. It was amazing. So relaxing and just a great time. Got my hair done and off to the wedding. It was a fun night, we did not go to bed til 5 AM. We had to be up and went white water rafting. It was pretty fun. I was hoping for it to be a bit more intense but it was still great. We crashed early on Saturday night.
Sunday we hit up the outlets and drove home. Meghan and Dustin left for the airport Monday and we had to drop them off at 4 AM. We left at 5 PM. Needless to say, sleep deprived, ate way too much but a WONDERFUL time. Just want I needed.
Enjoy these pictures, it was so beautiful.
Extra 2 of my girls from Sea World before we left

0 comments: